Batting must be cut 4” to 6” larger than quilt top.
Backing must be cut 6” – 8” larger than quilt top.
•Verify that all seams are complete and that no open seams and/ or holes are present.
• Back-stitch ALL exterior (usually the outer border) seam endings to prevent them from pulling open. This also applies to the backing fabric if it has been pieced.
• Have quilt top and backing fabric completely pressed, making sure ALL seams are pressed
• Selvage edge of fabric should be removed from seams/edges of backing. The selvage edge will shrink differently when laundered causing puckering at the seam line.
• Remove ALL pins, buttons and/or other embellishments
• Have quilt top trimmed to final finished size. We will not “cut-down” a quilt top to fit a too-small backing.
• Do not attach ANY binding fabric to the quilt top and if you intend to bind your quilt by bringing the backing fabric to the front, you MUST let us know that at your check-in appointment
• Lay your quilt out on a flat surface and verify that the quilt [especially the borders] lay flat. Fullness and/or puckers within a quilt and its borders cannot be quilted out. Although we try our best, puckers and tucks may have to be sewn in. In some cases, excessive fullness in borders may result in quilt corners not being square.
The flatter your quilt lays, the better the finished results.